Lesson 4 Activity 1 - Design your own ecosystem
- Watch a video on the Computational Science Cycle
- Hear about a few possible additions to make new ecosystems projects
- create a competitor species at one trophic level
- create an intermediate trophic level
- change the behavior of the agents (ex. chase and runaway)
- Develop an original design for your computational science project
Watch a video on the Computational Science Cycle
Hear about some ideas for potential customizations of the base model to make it a new project.
When looking to create an original design for a computational science project, look to your own environment and region for an ecosystem to model. Here are some projects we've seen students create over the years.
- Polar bears, penguins and killer whales
- Bark beetles and pinon trees
- Rabbits and coyotes in the desert Southwest (USA)
- Lions and giraffes on an African plain
- Macrophages and microphages
Develop an original design for your computational science project.
Start with a project design form and fill in the sections on developing your project abstraction.