Expectations of Participants
1. Complete an pre-course survey about your background, interests, and goals for taking the course.
2. Complete the "Getting Started" segment in which you will create and share your Google Site portfolio page and join the course forums PRIOR to the start of the course.
3. Complete assignments including watching videos, reading documents, and answering quiz questions.
4. Complete reflection entries and upload assignments in your portfolio.
5. Contribute to discussions by responding to discussion prompts then returning to discussions to comment on fellow students postings.
6. Implement module 1 "Introduction to Computer Modeling and Simulation" followed by either module 2, 3, or 4 (Earth, Life or Physical Science modules), in the context of a regular day Science class at your school.
7. Complete a post-survey about your experience in the course and
provide suggestions for improving the course for future participants.
There will be optional office hours available if you would like more personalized help in items relating to the content of the course, your portfolio or your StarLogo Nova projects.
The estimated number of hours to finish each segment is below:
- Getting Started (2 hours)
- Foundations of CS in Science (2 hours)
- Module 1: Introduction to Modeling and Simulation (4 hours)
- Teaching Module 1 (2 hours)
- Second Module of your choice: (4 hours)
- Teaching the second Module 2 (2 hours)
- Final project work and sharing (4 hours)