Set Up Your Google Account and Portfolio
- Create a Google sites portfolio.
- Customize your portfolio according to Project GUTS style.
- Share the link to your Google site with your teacher
Create a Google site portfolio (your own course website)
You will be creating a Google site (website) to use as a personal portfolio of your work and reflections. This will enable you to share ideas and to present your projects and other work. It will be yours to keep for long after you have finished the course! Your portfolio contains different webpages, one for each project. There will also be different webpages to store your reflections and teaching tips. By the end of this course you will be very skilled at creating and maintaining your own simple web site. Do your best to make your site attractive and informative. Your site will be one way to express yourself and "Show your stuff!"
Create and Customize Your Portfolio
To get started:
- Go to Google sites (sites.google.com).
- Make sure you are logged in and click the red 'CREATE' button on the top left.
- On the next page, click "Browse the gallery for more."
- Click on 'Schools & Education'.
- In the search box, type "Project GUTS" and press Enter.
- Click on the "Project GUTS CS4HS portfolio template" to select it and then scroll to the bottom of the window and click the blue "Select" button.
- Name your site using a descriptive name, such as "JaneJ's GUTS Portfolio"
- Type in the code shown
- Click the red "CREATE" button again and wait for your site to load.
- SLNova Projects
- Final Project
At a minimum your site should have the following features:
- A home page with whatever personal information you want to share about yourself, including a photo or image. The photo doesn't have to be a personal photo.
Here is another example of a site that provides a step-by-step guide for setting up a Google site and for how to add/customize pages.
Here's a video showing how to create and share your Project GUTS portfolio.
A Link to Your Portfolio
Submit the link to your portfolio here. (*Use command-click or right-click to open the link in a new tab.)
I think the following instructions need to go somewhere on the forum or announcements. I have already send those instruction privately to two participants.