Lesson 2 Activity 1 - Decode the model
- Watch the video on how to decode a model
- Review familiar and new command blocks
- Decode the Greenhouse Gas model
- Check your understanding of the Greenhouse Gas model
Watch a video on how to decode and trace a program's execution
Review CS Concepts:
Review the CS concepts you learned in Module 1 using these two documents
- New command blocks
- Create-do block
- If/else block
- Procedure block
- Call procedure block
- Line graph
- Data box
- Delete block
- New CS concepts
- Program loop and execution order – what calls what?
- Demonstrate how to trace execution of the program starting with the Setup button. Trace execution of the program starting with Run button. Clicking the setup button in Spaceland causes the execution of this procedure in the World.
Decode the Greenhouse Gas model
- Open the code blocks document and save it to your Google Drive.
- Decode the model a piece at a time: Sun, Solar Energy, Heat, Reflected Energy or The World.
- Add a description of what each agent’s procedures do in the form.
Check your understanding of the Greenhouse Gas model
Reflect on the limitations of this model then post your reflection and upload your code blocks document to your portfolio in the section "SL Nova Projects- Earth" under the heading "Base model decoding."